Friday 29 August 2014

Hot Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough...

Eight years ago, which was around the time I got engaged, I was crazy in love with Pizza hut's cookie dough dessert. 
It was this thick, soft, gooey, chocolatey and hot cookie with crispy edges. 
Topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and hello heaven!!

Even though I would eat super super healthy (as all brides-to-be do :-P) and go to the gym four times a week, this was the one dessert that I would ALWAYS succumb to. A trip to Pizza Hut with the family meant me skipping my meal and eating a plain salad so I could indulge in the dessert. 

Yup I'm all about priorities!! :-P

I haven't had Hot cookie dough for years at Pizza Hut.

That's because I make it home!.. and may I just take a moment to say... It's bloody brilliant!!!.. And no I'm not being vain because it isn't my own recipe, I found it on another blog :-P

Sooooo yummy!!! 






Ingredients:

125 grams butter
100 grams caster sugar
100 grams light brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
225 grams self raising flour
100 grams chocolate chips

Method:
Preheat the oven to 200C.

In a large bowl, mix the butter, caster sugar and light brown sugar with a electric hand held mixer. Add the egg and vanilla and mix again. Finally, add the flour, salt and chocolate chunks.

Divide the batter in to however many portions you like. This makes about four generous servings.
I made a large portion for sharing with half the batter.

Place it in the preheated oven on 200C for eight minutes.
Lower the oven temperature to 180C and leave inside for a another 7-8 minutes. It should then be golden brown but still soft.

Serve hot, straight from the oven with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with chocolate sauce or some warmed Nutella.

Go nuts!!! :-D

This is a super yummy, indulgent and amazing dessert!! So easy to make at home and a real crowd pleaser. 


-S 

No comments: